The Butler S2 is a simple yet powerful RDM-capable DMX512 output device, and is the simplest way to communicate via DMX512 and RDM. Ideal for storing and replaying lighting shows in small to medium standalone projects, the Butler S2 can also serve large lighting systems, adding 2 DMX512 universes when paired with the Lighting Application Suite (LAS).
The compact control engine is cost efficient and can store up to 99 pre-programmed cuelists and play back up to 8 cuelists—in parallel—in standalone mode. It is intended for use with the Butler XT2 and can also be used in cluster mode with additional control engines for output of up to 32 DMX512 universes in standalone mode, or 128 universes when paired with the Lighting Application Suite (LAS).
As a network-enabled device, the Butler S2 has a built-in web server for easy set up. Equipped with an integrated SD card, the engine can replay previously stored cuelists in case of a loss of Ethernet connection, making it a fail-safe solution for scalable lighting control.
- RDM-capable – Equipped with bi-directional communication capabilities when in online mode, the Butler S2 can transmit fixture information and reports back to the main server and software using the latest Remove Device Management technology.
- Integrated web server for setup – The Butler S2 has an integrated web server for easy set up and configuration.
- Store and replay pre-programmed cuelists – One compact Butler S2 can store up to 99 pre-programmed cuelists and replay up to eight parallel cuelists in standalone mode.
- Scalable up to 64 devices (128 DMX512 Universes) – If connected to e:cue control software; scalable up to 16 devices (32 universes) in standalone mode.
- Reliable uninterrupted operation - The Butler S2 is designed to work without interruption ensuring permanent installations run smoothly.
Specifications Butler S2
- Dimensions WxHxD: 71.5 x 24 x 85 mm/2.7 x 0.9 x 3.6 inch (w/o power plug)
- Weight kg/lbs: 0.125 kg / 0.28 lbs
- Power supply: 12 … 24 V DC via ext. PSU; 48 V DC via PoE
- Connectivity: Ethernet e:net to DMX/RDM
- DMX interface: 2 x RJ45